Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Telly

Sometimes youtube therapy isn't enough. Sometimes you need some good old telly to get you through.

Current shows:
1. Being Human (BBC Version (of course))
It is written by Toby Whithouse, who wrote the episode of Dr. Who that brought back K-9 and Sarah Jane Smith. (I added that mostly for you, Chels. Except I suspect that you might have already recognized Toby Whithouse's name, haha) I'm not really huge into sci-fi. (okay, that is sort of a lie, now that I think about Doctor Who and Torchwood, and scifi movies I like. But I'm not really into vampire/werewolf sci-fi, let's put it that way) But this show is probably one of my favorite shows, and it is all about vampires and werewolves. But they firstly, actually make them scary, and make sure to keep key elements of classic vampire/werewolf characteristics. And ALSO, they are good at mixing drama and comedy. Which is a good mix.

2. Other show I am into right now is called SouthLAnd (used to be on NBC, now on TNT, which is good, because it gives them more liberty to make it more realistic, with swearing and other sorts of situations.)
I am really not one for dramatic shows, but somehow I got hooked on this one. This season is particularly good, and particularly heart-wrenching. I don't know why I do this to myself, sometimes. But sneaky Hollywood knows how to trap viewers, and I am no exception. (Plus, men in uniforms helps...a lot) But I also like this show because it deals with current issues, but not in a preachy sort of way. And also, it has strong female characters, which is nice to see. And, because it isn't a typical cop show. It follows events in a much different way, it is sort of hard to explain, really. Because you find things out when the cops find things out. It isn't necessarily a show about mysteries or crimes. But more about how the cops and detectives deal, personally, with their job. It is good at showing this, without being over the top or cheesy, too.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand the "sometimes Hot Man Therapy isn't enough" thing. I was up until two AM watching Phineas and Ferb, other streaming Netflix stuff, and Bones. The internet kicked off on us around midnight, because some guy hit a telephone pole or something (the cable also went out, so a line got broke or something), so I watched Bones with my roommate downstairs.

    Oh, and I didn't know who Toby Whithouse was until you said! I only really know Stephen Moffat when it comes to writers. So, I was happy you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete