Thursday, January 14, 2010

I miss I miss I miss.

This Friday my grandparents are flying to Merida, Mexico to serve their (second) mission at the LDS temple. I have to admit I am not over thrilled for them. But that is because I am selfish. Also, it worries me that they will be gone for two more years. A lot can happen in two years. And when you are older, a few years can mean a lot. My grandparents are very young in spirit, though. And I think they will be alright.

Anyway, it got me thinking that I am sort of already missing them. And then I realized I miss a lot of things and people, in different ways. I wanted to reminisce a little.

I miss my overalls that I wore just about every single day in the fourth grade. (or was it fifth?)
I miss my black and white cats, Kitty and Moochy. I miss the healthy Kitty. Even when he was alive, I missed when he was healthy. And of course I always miss Mooch.
I miss my childhood.
I miss my neighbor's sandbox, and the hours upon hours spent in there.
I miss riding on the end of grocery carts.
I miss my grandparents. And sunday morning breakfast at their house.
I miss our old dog, Rascal.
I miss my guinea pig, Gus-gus.
I miss Scotland.
I miss my friend, Whitney. I miss when we were friends.
I miss my cousin, who is just in Provo, but I haven't seen her for like...two weeks.
I miss my sister, who I saw last weekend, but I don't care.
I miss my other cousin, Rachel, in Oregon.
I miss Oregon, as a matter of fact.
I miss being able to ride big-wheel bikes.
I miss all the shows that used to be on Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon and Disney.
I miss Disney World!
I miss my brother.
I miss when my dad was younger and didn't ache and hurt all the time.
I miss my neighbor's swing set.
I miss Plain City as a country-town, not a cul-de-sac town.
I miss beef jerky and rootbeer from Smith n' Edwards.
I miss being in shape. >_>
I miss the summer.
I miss my goat.
I miss riding my bike. Too cold.
I miss my friend, Maren, who I never see anymore.
I miss my horse, Freckles, who wasn't really my horse, but was still my favorite.
I miss stealing sugar cubes from the horse-renters horse trailer.
I miss thinking that we had tons and tons of property.
I miss ice-skating on our pond.
I miss rafting on our pond.
I miss playing under the old trees in plain city's park.
I miss my fourth grade teacher's classroom.
I miss AP english.
I miss my The Mighty Boosh, that never comes on anymore.
I miss when the Harry Potter books were new.
I miss DragonBall Z.
I miss my hammock.
I miss my San Diego Zoo ring, which I lost.
I miss playing the wagon-game with my neighbors.
I miss Santa.
I miss that Harry Potter game that was like Clue, only Harry Potter themed.
I miss watching the Jazz Game AT the Jazz game.
I miss having a hot breakfast every morning.
I miss german pancakes.
I miss Plain City elementary library.
I miss a crapload of things. Have I worn everyone out, yet?
I think I originally was just going to post about grocery carts and the huge tire in my neighbor's back yard that was sort of scary. And then I got a wee bit carried away.

2 comments:

  1. Napoleon's Second Biggest FanJanuary 16, 2010 at 6:16 PM

    I miss my super-cool Jansport backpack I used from 7th grade 'til the end of college.
    I miss my favorite German teacher, Frau Moore
    I miss hanging with the gang in UCF Student Senate
    I miss watching Win Ben Stein's Money in the TV room in the Student Union
    I miss conducting research in Strozier Library
    I miss the hot dogs they used to sell in front of Strozier library
    I miss being able to stay up all night
    I miss pretty much everything about my freshman year of college .... "So you sailed away into a grey sky morning..."
    I miss intramural baseball/football/volleyball/hockey/ultimate frisbee
    I miss varsity volleyball (yes, VB is a boy's sport in Florida!)
    I miss my Air Force Academy jacket
    I miss Nanny's noodle soup
    I miss my little red tricycle
    I miss barbeque that tastes like real barbeque (sorry, Utah)
    I miss boiled peanuts!!!!
    I miss my Granny & Papa (RIP)
    I miss my Grammie & Grampa (RIP)
    I miss Bob Ross creating super-awesome paintings on PBS
    I miss Camp Blue Ridge
    I miss Koblenz
    I miss my cat Pepper (RIP)
    I miss spending just about every Sunday at EPCOT
    I miss summer gymnastics in the community center
    I miss Tuesday meetings of Orlando Cadet Squadron--The original 08133 ORC, that is
    I miss spending all afternoon in the Wekeiva Reserve neighborhood pool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss postcards from friends... send me some!

    ReplyDelete