Monday, June 8, 2015

25

There is something scary about the age 25. Maybe it is because I feel like, professionally, I still don't really know what I'm doing or what I want to do. Maybe it is because I don't feel 25, I feel 22. Maybe it is because at this age my mom had a house, two kids, a career, and was earning her master's degree, and all of that seems so...grown up. 

And although I suppose I feel more grown up than I did at 22, I guess I just feel like being 19-23 age was a very convenient excuse for not knowing what I wanted to do with my life.

Oh well. Feedly-dee, I'll worry about it a later day. FOR NOW, I'm just going to bask in the glow of my glorious birthday!!!

I don't mean to brag, but, um, I got freaking AWESOME, thoughtful gifts. The entire series of Battlestar Galactica on Blu-Ray from Justin. A thermos (which I sorely needed) and a generous giftcard to my FAVORITE chai place, (which happens to be less than a 5 minute walk from my work and less than a 5 minute drive from my apartment on the other side of town), really cute Calico cat earrings and a generous giftcard from my in-laws, an awesome Ultimate Book of Lighthouses book from my sister and brother-in-law (more on that in a later post about our trip to Wisconsin/Lake Superior), and today I just received a dehydrator from my best friend Kiki!!! I was totally not expecting it and it is something I've wanted for SO LONG! I'm still grinning while posting this.

(Sorry Kiki for interrupting your class! I feel really bad! I was so excited and I didn't even think about how grad classes are in the evening!)

Thank you to everyone for making my birthday amazing. I can't wait until next year, when I'll be celebrating it at home!


EDIT: More ramblings below:
It is very comforting, however, that oddly at 22 the prospect of not having a clue what I wanted to do with my life was so much more stressful than it is now. Maybe that is the stability of marriage, maybe that is my self-confidence, maybe that is from working jobs that gave me experience to feel like even if I'm not doing my dream job, I could still earn enough money to get by. Doesn't matter which it is, I suppose.

I'm just glad that I feel more at peace with the unknown, since moving.  I don't know if I would have felt this kind of calm with not knowing what I'm going to do or where I'm going to end up, if I didn't take the plunge into the unknown with moving to Indiana.

And I know that I wouldn't feel this kind of peace if I weren't married to someone who balances my weaknesses with his strengths and vice a versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment