Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Chester

This has been a really rough year for cats. Completely unexpectedly my cat Chester had to be put down yesterday. :'( Here are some of my favorite pictures of that big chunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese.

I think this is one of the earliest pictures I have of him. One day my mom said "There was a little orange tabby at the back door." When I went out, I couldn't see any cat. A couple of days later, I saw an orange tabby at the other back door. I went over to tentatively open it, worried I would scare him off, but he just waltzed right in as if he owned the place. And that was it. He was Chester, and he was our newest addition.
Or we were his.

I love his little back paws in this photo. I've always had a soft spot for big cats. I LOVE Maine Coons and Norwegian Forest Cats for this reason (and Sweetheart, Kiki) and here, Chester is only 1 or 2 years old, and he is HUGE. That big lug.



Chester and Velcro came to us around the same time, maybe a couple of months apart. As it turned out, they both left us a couple of months apart. They were both the youngest of the cats, which included Kitty, Zipper, and Romeo. We thought we had SO MANY CATS, now 5 seems like so few.


This is him with his best friend, Romeo. Or as I dubbed them, "Beef n' Cheddar"


Here are the boys. Cute old Kitty spoiled us by dying of simple old age. Look how cute they all are.


This is one of my favorite pictures of Chester, because it shows his funny personality. He would be so flirty and mischievous. Right here, he is begging for you to pet him, most likely purring thunderously, and when you finally reach out to pet him, he'll attack your hand and then run away.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you lost another feline family member. Always sad. But such cute pictures to keep forever along with your memories!

    ReplyDelete