Thursday, March 1, 2012

Irony.

Warning: This post may be offensive to some.

Read This


The church just released a statement in response to an accusation that it is racist. A spokesman stated "The Church's position is clear-we believe all people are God's children and are equal in His eyes and in the church."

My response? OH REALLY?

Okay, I know this article is about racism towards blacks, and I understand the importance of the priesthood being granted to blacks (well, the men, at least). And I don't mean to be THAT person, but I can't help it.

Because
I happen to remember this little thing called Proposition 8, and I'm pretty damn sure that saying a certain portion of the population is not allowed to enjoy the right that the majority of the population are allowed, is pretty unequal to me. Saying that all people are equal in the eyes of the church is ridiculous. You OBVIOUSLY do not believe that.

I just hope that one day homophobia will be seen as shameful and bigoted as racism.
Okay, mini-rant over.

1 comment: