Friday, January 27, 2012

Oh boy.

I am typing up evaulations that concurrent enrollment students gave for their courses, and it seriously makes me worry.

1. There is a difference between "our" and "are".
2. There is a difference between "there" and "their".
3. There is a difference between "to" and "too".
4. The beginning of a sentence should be capitalized. So should the word "I" and any other proper noun.
5. Plurals don't have apostrophes. If you say "quiz's" it means something different than "quizzes".

These are just a few of the many horrifying errors I have found. It is driving me CRAZY.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand. However, in your fury you spelled evaluations "evaulations." *giggles* Just thought I'd let you know. I'm sure it's thrilling editing their punctuation. Glad I don't have your job right now. Although, I am making editing my job, so I'm going to have to get used to seeing it all the time. Anyway, good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete