Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy


Justin and I recently went to see Guardians of the Galaxy and had quite a bit of fun. I didn't really know what to expect because I'm not at all familiar with the comic book or characters, which is good, because then I don't have any expectations going in. Justin loved it! I liked it a lot. I sometimes got a little uncomfortable with the violence, but I'm sort of sensitive to that anyway, I suppose. In the end I had to think of it as a comic book world and not get too caught up in it!

One of my favorite things about this movie is that it doesn't take itself too seriously. Even the most serious villain (Ronan (played by Lee Pace!)...and I guess Thanos, although we don't really see him much) seems over-the-top, exactly like comic book villains are. That was fun. I also really like Chris Pratt's acting. He is cool, but not overly Tony-Stark cool. He is also goofy, and that is entertaining.

I particularly like this poster because there is something very Star Wars-esque about it.

1 comment:

  1. I went and saw this with my friend Brendon and laughed through almost the entire thing. I was so surprised I liked it, because when I saw previews, I thought, "This is dumb. I'm not going to see it." It took some persuading to get me to consider it. But I'm glad I saw it. Also, I'm glad Groot didn't really die.

    ReplyDelete