Saturday, August 28, 2010

BBC Angst

I have had the Reading and Leeds festival marked on my calender since April. This is the festival that The Libertines are reforming at. And what happens when the date FINALLY comes around? The stupid BBC site won't work. Because I don't live in the UK. Oh, sure, it works for about a dozen OTHER bands, for about three songs, but it won't play the full set of any one band, unless you are watching BBC Three. And BBC won't work. I want to cry. The Libertines are quite possibly one of my very favorite bands. I have both of their cds, imported from the UK, I have about 100 songs that are JUST demos, live performances, bootlegs, and unreleased tracks. Not only that but I have both Babyshambles records bought, along with Pete Doherty's solo album. I also have Carl Barat's compilation mixed cd, and plan to get his solo album. I also bought two shirts. I LOVE this band. I know the secrets and gossip and history of them. AND ALL I WAS ASKING was to see their reformation gig. I don't think this is too much to ask for, ESPECIALLY because it is being broadcast onto television there. It isn't like a little festival that doesn't have enormous cameras and cranes and publicity. Blah. I'm going to go eat a lot of Nutella and probably ignore my homework even more.

1 comment:

  1. Nutella is amazing especially when you dip pretzel sticks into them.

    ReplyDelete