Saturday, April 25, 2009

Win some, lose some, fake some.

Bad news: Two finals that determine if I pass or not, an essay which I haven't started and is due next week. I am tired, sore, hungry, and stressed.

Good news: None of that really matters.

I am the decider. I will make my day go how I want it to go. I am going to decide that it is a good day. Internal locus of control. Not external.

Many mistake this as being mature or wise or impressive, or whatnot. But really I am just in a good mood and am saying all of that. If I were not in a good mood I would probably not even bother with that crap, and sulk the day away.

In other news, how many bands have something with The Great Escape in it?
We Are Scientists have a song called The Great Escape. Boys Like Girls (I am sort of embarrassed I know that.)have a song, or maybe album (?). And then today I am watching YouTube videos from the late eighties (possibly early nineties) and this band Blur has an album called The Great Escape.
Speaking of Blur, here's a little trivia for you, which won't be as cool, because it doesn't relate/noonereadsthisanyway. Graham Coxon, formerly of Blur (And apparently they are reuniting) worked on Peter Doherty's solo album, which is funny because I heard of Graham Coxon a long time ago, and then at my Uncle's he was pointing to some girl in a year book that was really cool because she was all into Blur waaaay before they got big. But what's cool about him being on Peter Doherty's solo album is that Peter was in The Libertines, which I recently got all obsessed over. AND the other day I was looking up unique celebrity baby names, and Shannyn Sossamon (she was the girl in A Knight's Tale) named her baby Audio Science. (Which as far as crazy baby names, that takes the cake. Not because it's the craziest, but because it's the coolest). And then! I saw that some song that Graham Coxon wrote called Spectacular, was written after he saw a picture of her. Crazy, no?

So, see? A bunch of stuff that I don't think anyone would be excited over, except me. But that's okay, because this is MY blog after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment